DACARS 355 Toyota Rockville Goes the Extra Mile to Keep Your Vehicle Running Like a Charm
There is no way around it: occasional maintenance is crucial to vehicle longevity. And here at DARCARS 355 Toyota Rockville, as part of our ongoing commitment to our drivers, we strive to keep you motoring confidently, which entails getting you connected with services designed to eliminate the burden of vehicle upkeep. Not only is our service center staffed with factory-trained and certified technicians capable of completing an array of maintenance work, but we are pleased to put our expertise to work, connecting you with useful maintenance tips.
Wondering what you can do on your end to minimize the need for repairs, or even get a jumpstart on maintenance? Follow these tips and you are well on your way to preventing your Toyota RAV4 or Toyota Camry's early demise.
Tips for Keeping Your Vehicle Looking and Running Good
- Check and change the oil: to keep you engine running smoothly, your oil needs to keep the right viscosity and level.
- Flush the cooling system and change the coolant: in order to keep your cooling system in good shape and prevent corrosion, you need to change the coolant at least once a year; this way, no deposits build up in the cooling system.
- Keep the exterior clean: not only does it keep your vehicle looking good but outside gunk can get stuck to the underside, which in turn can potentially create issues in the future.
- Change out transmission fluid: much like your engine's oil, keeping the right amount of fluids is crucial.
- Don't forget to grease: so that components don't rub up against each other, use grease to keep things lubricated.
- Wax the exterior: protect the exterior and keep that shine long after driving out of our showroom with a bit of wax.
- Take advantage of shady spots: when the sun is shining, park your car in the shade, use a window deflector screen or apply UV protectant on the plastic and vinyl, doing so helps prevent your interior from drying out and looking aged.
- Inspect and clean your tires and wheel bearings: make sure your treads are wearing evenly with tire rotations, update your tires to accommodate seasonal changes and keep the wheel bearings clean in an effort to prevent rust.
- Utilize brake fluid: the best way of keeping your brakes intact is by keeping them lubricated with brake fluid. That's not to say, however, that you won't eventually need to replace brake pads and rotors with time.
Be sure to also take advantage of our car maintenance menu here in our central Rockville location, where we serve the greater Bethesda, Gaithersburg, Germantown, and Washington DC region. Whether you need an oil change, tire rotation or brake repair, our technicians are ready to help. Just schedule an appointment and be sure to explore our current service specials before joining us today.